1a Space - Call for Curator/Artist in Residence 2019
Residency Period: March to May 2019 (one month)
Application Deadline: 30 September 2018 24:00 (Hong Kong Time)
Notifications to all applicants will be made via email in November 2018.
Location: 1a space (Unit 14, Cattle Depot Artists Village, 63 Ma Tau Kok Road, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
1a space is now accepting applications from local and international curator/artist for a one-month Curator/Artist-in-Residence Program. With the aim of encouraging curatorial research in tandem with exhibition planning, the program provides one deserving curatorial talent or curatorial team/ artist or artist group a platform and necessary resources to realize an innovative and experimental project to fill the gap between larger public institutions and commercial ventures. The aim of this curatorial residency program is to promote arts in Hong Kong with international collaborations and to enhance international curatorial research in Hong Kong.
1a space provides allowance for flight tickets (for non-Hong Kong curator(s)/artist(s) only), accommodation (for non-Hong Kong curator(s)/artist(s) only), exhibition space and production fee to the curator(s)/artist(s), who produces an exhibition in 1a space in late-March to May 2018 with at least 1 related public programming. S/he will originate and present the exhibtion and related public programs within the residence period. For curator scheme, an inclusive of local artist(s) is encouraged. In addition, the selected curator(s)/artist(s) will be awarded an honorarium of HKD$10000.
Proposals are evaluated on merit of project, singularity and innovatively of concept. All applications submitted will be considered final and treated as such. Applicants will not, under any circumstances, be permitted to add or edit an application once it has been submitted. All incomplete or duplicate applications will be immediately disqualified. All the submitted plans and materials will be entrusted confidentially.
Please select one scheme for the application.
Scheme 1: Curator-in-Residence Program
Scheme 2: Artist-in-Residence Program
- Art and cultural practitioners with a pertinent experience in curating exhibtion and/or public art and cultural project
- A no more than 10-page detailed exhibition proposal that outlines both the curatorial statement, background and plan for the exhibition
- a short synopsis of proposed project (300 words max)
- expectation and objective for joining the project
- a working timeline for the exhibition to open in late-March 2018
- List of participating artist(s) and short biography for each
- A completed Budget Plan with considerations for shipping and/or art production as well as artist fee
- Portfolio of previous production and related practices
To apply, please send us the required documents (in English) via e-mail to: email@example.com or by post at Unit 14, Cattle Depot Artist Village, 63 Ma Tau Kok Road, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.oneaspace.org.hk
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org